Upcoming Events & Workshops
❗ This event/workshop counts toward your participation requirement.
Missed a live workshop? No worries! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to any recorded workshop listed below.
- Let's Break Through Zoom Fatigue ❗
- How Your Passion Fuels Purpose - Civic Engagement for Scholars ❗
- Grad School Panel ❗
- In the Link: LinkedIn Workshop ❗
- Inclusive Leadership: Challenging Microaggressions [PT.1] ❗
- Inclusive Leadership: Challenging Microaggressions [PT.2] ❗
- How Food Fuels You with HEAT❗
- PANEL: How I Got My Internship ❗
- Get Involved with Campus ❗
- PANEL: Off-Campus Housing Help ❗
- MIXED: Multiracial Identity Panel ❗
- PCV Cribs - Year 2+ Scholars Community Tour ❗
- Making Money Moves: Budgeting & Financial Aid ❗
- Making Money Moves: First-Gen Finance ❗
- Making Money Moves: Building Credit ❗
- Making Money Moves: Saving for Retirement ❗
- Making Money Moves: Investing to Build Wealth ft. @wealthparatodos ❗
- How Scholars Landed Their Job ❗
- Beyond Monoracism: Cultivating a Multiracial-Inclusive Community ❗
Missed our info session about the Educated Renters Certificate Program this? You can still learn about your tenant rights and responsibilities, and the local off-campus housing resources that Cal Poly has built for those of you who are interested in living off-campus next year. Visit our Off-Campus Housing Guide for the details, and contact Zach Zimmerman, email@example.com, with any questions.
Program & Campus Involvement
To receive the most the program and campus life has to offer, Scholars are required to participate in workshops, events, and gatherings hosted by Scholar Mentors and the Cal Poly Scholars Program. Opportunities for personal and professional development as well as social interaction are offered several times per quarter. Requirements for event and workshop attendance change depending upon a Scholar's academic standing and Scholars should reference the Scholar Expectations for 2020-21 to learn what is required for their specific year.
Scholar Mentors plan and host a variety of events throughout the year offering Scholars of all years additional opportunities to build community and increase one's knowledge and skills.
If you're looking for additional opportunities to get involved, consult university, academic college, departmental, program, and club websites for event and workshop opportunities. Some calendars we recommend include, but are not limited to Career Services, Mustang Success Center, or Cross Cultural Centers.
Events in the Residential Learning Communities for Scholars
We encourage you to attend residential events as advertised by your community’s council. Check with your Resident Advisor in your respective buildings for what is happening each week!